Thread: BaseR ???

1. Header
  2. Header-58

If this is your first visit, start by reading the following…

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

BaseR ???

So I am a newb and don't know shit other than what I have read, but I came across the BaseR site and wonder how good this setup was for skydiving and base jumping. It is stressed that you should have a rig to BASE jump only and a rig to Skydive with. With that beign said supposedly you can have both in the same rig? I am going through the classes to get my A license and would like to BASE jump eventually but no time in the near future at all! Just something I came across and figured I would ask! Thanks for the replies!

Re: BaseR ???

My thoughts, BASE rig for BASE, Skydive rig for skydiving.

The BASEr (I only looked at it briefly) seems to be a set up for people wanting to test jump their BASE gear out of aircraft where TSOd gear is required (someone may correct me), rather than having to find a container big enough to cram your BASE canopy into.

Once you get into skydiving and the various areas there, you will see you would probably want specific gear for skydiving, which certainly would include a smaller sized canopy than something like a 280 you may use in BASE, and that a round reserve and chest mount is pretty cumbersome and preferences normally would go with a 7-cell square reserve.

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

Re: BaseR ???

Sounds good Mac, that is what I was assuming after reading but figured I would check with you all! Thank you again!