PDA

View Full Version : BASE Friendly DZ's?

speedphreak
April 6th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Ok, Abbie owns a DZ that I hear is somewhat BASE friendly... ;) and I own a DZ that is pretty BASE friendly: Skydive Allegan (http://skydiveallegan.com/).

Are there other DZ's out there owned, managed, have a large amount of BASE active BASE jumpers, or are just very BASE friendly out there?

I've never had anybody say anything negative to me when I am visiting a DZ and plop my BASE gear on the mat to pack. Has anybody had a negative experience at a DZ just because of your affiliation with BASE? I know I travel a fair amount in the Winter months and tend to plan routes based on BASE objects, contacts, and DZ's and would definitely avoid those that may frown upon fixed object jumping.

In this day and age, is there really any more of that BASE discrimination that was around in years past??

MarcoPoko
April 6th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Heard through the grapevine that a large DZ near Chicago has become unfriendly to BASE jumpers. And a Hawaii DZ that won't allow any BASE gear near the DZ

Greenmachine
April 7th, 2011, 08:22 PM
BASE Friendly
Skydive Kapowsin in WA
Skydive Atlanta in GA

Yes, I have had some static for BASE
usually from old, veteran, flat fliers.

mknutson
April 8th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Lodi is strangely unfriendly, but packed with base jumpers anyways!

I have been fired for packing my base rig there before skydiving even commenced. Funny part about that, was I did not work there, but I still got FIRED!
LOL

speedphreak
April 8th, 2011, 08:11 AM
I have dumped my gear out at the DZ's in Sebastian, FL and Eloy, AZ and packed and nobody even acted interested or came over to say, hey!. I asked around both the DZ's and never came up with anybody local who was jumping (well, one in Eloy, but when I talked with him he wasn't active any more...).

lowcountryBase
April 8th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I have dumped at DZ's and nobody even acted interested!

me too..I have dumped at every DZ I have been too..some didn't even have air fresheners...how inhumane!

freeflyjoe
April 8th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Skydive PA is BASE friendly. Moe Villeto lives there.
So is AerOhio. Most of there staff are BASE jumpers.
And Cleveland Parachute Center in Parkmen, OH always use to let people do hop n pops with BASE canopies and rigs if you wore a belly mount.

freeflyjoe
April 8th, 2011, 05:33 PM
That's weird. He's not even a USPA member. Why should he care??

mknutson
April 8th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Mo rocks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

angryelf
April 9th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Start in OH has a pretty big BASE crew.