PDA

View Full Version : *** What do do you think is missing/needed here @ BLiNC? ***

mknutson
June 28th, 2010, 11:54 AM
What do do you think is missing/needed here @ BLiNC?

So there have been many people suggesting that everyone continue to support BLiNC, and some traffic comes and goes.

So I am really trying to get a gauge on what is really needed or missing...

mknutson
April 1st, 2011, 05:19 AM
PING? I would love to get more comments from users please...

freeflyjoe
April 4th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I think it just needs more and updated info. There's just not enough posting going on in here.

mknutson
April 4th, 2011, 04:16 PM
I think it just needs more and updated info. There's just not enough posting going on in here.

Any suggestions on how to do that?
Have you seen the new Mobile apps for BLiNC? Does that interest you?

freeflyjoe
April 4th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Not sure how but I wish the experienced jumpers would contributed more. It seems newer jumpers are scared to post because when they do a lot of people are rude and reply with smart-ass jokes. I understand when someone hasn't done any research and ask a retarded question they deserve to be ripped, but a lot of times this isn't the case and the thread dies without any good info. being shared. Maybe there are more PMs than I realize and the info. isn't be seen here?
I just have a regular cell phone so apps. don't interest me but I would think a lot of other jumpers would be.

mknutson
April 4th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Not sure how but I wish the experienced jumpers would contributed more.
I agree. But that is really difficult. I have been working to get a solid group of experienced jumpers to help organize the thousands of pages here, as well as work to create more content. But seriously, without tons of help, this is very challenging.

It seems newer jumpers are scared to post because when they do a lot of people are rude and reply with smart-ass jokes. I understand when someone hasn't done any research and ask a retarded question they deserve to be ripped, but a lot of times this isn't the case and the thread dies without any good info. being shared.

This is why there is a VERY strict policy in the technical and beginner forum for no flaming. I think it sucks too!

Hang in there as we are all working toward the goals you are stating.
Have you looked into the BASE Wiki?

mknutson
April 4th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Not sure how but I wish the experienced jumpers would contributed more.
I agree. But that is really difficult. I have been working to get a solid group of experienced jumpers to help organize the thousands of pages here, as well as work to create more content. But seriously, without tons of help, this is very challenging.

It seems newer jumpers are scared to post because when they do a lot of people are rude and reply with smart-ass jokes. I understand when someone hasn't done any research and ask a retarded question they deserve to be ripped, but a lot of times this isn't the case and the thread dies without any good info. being shared.

This is why there is a VERY strict policy in the technical and beginner forum for no flaming. I think it sucks too!

Hang in there as we are all working toward the goals you are stating.
Have you looked into the BASE Wiki?

MarcoPoko
April 4th, 2011, 09:20 PM
- More feedback/content by experienced jumpers.
- More classified action
- Maybe a "Trip planning" section, where people can post when they are heading to a particular "Legal" exit point

theres a few off the top of head

mknutson
April 5th, 2011, 07:40 AM
- More feedback/content by experienced jumpers.
- More classified action
- Maybe a "Trip planning" section, where people can post when they are heading to a particular "Legal" exit point

1. We have been working to get some assistance with content organization as there are over 200,000 pages here on BLiNC. Now how to get to them....

2. Would love ideas on how to push the classified section to more people.

3. Would the Calendar work for Trip Planning? BASE Calendar (http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/calendar.php)

MarcoPoko
April 5th, 2011, 08:42 AM
1. Tell Abbie to quit all his extra-curricular activities and help you out

2. ?? More people need to post here instead of BJ.com

3.Calendar could work, just need to have a separate one or get rid of the birthdays. Also make it more prominent, took me awhile to find the calendar on the site.
Maybe have a Trip section with calendars for different places, i.e. Twin, Moab, Norway, Europe, Malaysia, etc.

mknutson
April 5th, 2011, 09:03 AM
1. Tell Abbie to quit all his extra-curricular activities and help you out

2. ?? More people need to post here instead of BJ.com

3.Calendar could work, just need to have a separate one or get rid of the birthdays. Also make it more prominent, took me awhile to find the calendar on the site.
Maybe have a Trip section with calendars for different places, i.e. Twin, Moab, Norway, Europe, Malaysia, etc.

1. I do that daily. We all should send him a PM now!

2. a. Removed Birthdays.

2.b. I added a navigation menu but would like some feedback on the cleanliness of the menus with this addition. How can I make this simple.

2.c. I created a separate calendar for Perrine, but wanted some feedback as to whether this splinters the Calendar too much. May 1 Calendar without birthdays is enough? But I will keep the Perrine Cal up for right now and see how everyone adapts to it... good?

MarcoPoko
April 5th, 2011, 10:52 AM
1. I do that daily. We all should send him a PM now!

2. a. Removed Birthdays.

2.b. I added a navigation menu but would like some feedback on the cleanliness of the menus with this addition. How can I make this simple.

2.c. I created a separate calendar for Perrine, but wanted some feedback as to whether this splinters the Calendar too much. May 1 Calendar without birthdays is enough? But I will keep the Perrine Cal up for right now and see how everyone adapts to it... good?

Looks good, simple and easy to navigate with the drop down tabs/menu.
I think you should add a Moab calendar

May need to post a sticky or some other announcement about the new feature so people know about it.

mknutson
April 5th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Looks good, simple and easy to navigate with the drop down tabs/menu.
I think you should add a Moab calendar

May need to post a sticky or some other announcement about the new feature so people know about it.

Moab created.

Announcement also created.

Any chance you could assist with what to say about the Calendars? How to get people to want to use these...?

hamsandwich
April 5th, 2011, 05:46 PM
noooooooooooooooooo!

I love the calendar! That's awesome. People can group up on trip to popular places. Great idea Lambchopper.

-a

MarcoPoko
April 5th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Calendars:
any way to allow commenting on calendar posts?, Publish calendar event to Facebook? editing posts?

- in "year" view have date different color rather than just bolded?

By the way, nice work Mick on instituting that feature so quickly.

mknutson
April 5th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Need to rely on Abbie for the color and layout changes. Call his ads and bug him to get on it!

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner