PDA

View Full Version : gear ????

cowboybob
February 7th, 2010, 02:02 PM
O.K., I don't know much about base, been to bridge day a couple of times, made the landing area both times. Once under a sharpchuter, and again under a fury 220 zp topskin. I have quite a few skydives under these parachutes. I load the fury at .89 geared up. My ? is if, and I mean if, a person planned only on basejumping at bridge day, and maybe in twin falls, slider up only! Would these canopy's be usable if they were to have a tailpocket installed, and packed in a velcro rig? If these were usable, could they also be use for rollovers, tards ?? What about a pca, where opening speeds might be slower??

Uberchris
February 7th, 2010, 02:22 PM
dont quote me im green as fuck but i thought you were only allowed to jump base specific gear at bridge day? someone correct me please?

cowboybob
February 7th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I know it is encouraged to jump base specific gear, but I believe the organizers make that decision based on previous BD experience, they may grant a waiver

helmut
February 8th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I know most of us are not rich but BASE is such a different sport from skydiving why not find something that is meant for BASE and built for BASE.

stitch
February 9th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Skydiving rigs have been jumped at BD many times. AFAIK a non-ZP 7 cell canopy is generally recommended, but people have used others. The main thing that is enforced is the 9' bridle/42" PC rule.

hamsandwich
February 9th, 2010, 09:28 PM
my buddy damien jumped his lightning (zp crw canopy) this past BD. Be an adult and make a decision for yourself. This is BASE and its what skydiving should still be!

-

cowboybob
February 10th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I am getting surgery next week to get half my brain removed, so, I can carry on with this post. Did anyone read my original question? fuc

debaucherordrgz
February 10th, 2010, 05:17 PM
its fine just pull those stringy things on the side down when the ground gets close

Frijol Saltando
February 10th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Be an adult and make a decision for yourself. This is BASE and its what skydiving should still be!
-

Abbie did!!
I do more slider-DOWN than slider up at the perrine. . .Plenty of folks SU it but it seems to put you kinda low. . .

Btgoalie21
February 15th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I am getting surgery next week to get half my brain removed, so, I can carry on with this post. Did anyone read my original question? fuc

What the hell? Why are they removing half your brain?

Blitzkrieg
February 19th, 2010, 12:31 AM
yeah, i read your post. and by reading exactly what's in it... it clearly shows a complete lack of understanding of what is involved in BASE. what canopy you are using should not be a concern until you have "half a brain" about WTF you're doing.

cowboybob
February 22nd, 2010, 12:30 PM
surgery almost complete, talk to ya when I get back from the perrine, let ya know how things work out with my non base specific superraven {some mods in a base rig}

Zephyr
April 17th, 2011, 03:58 AM
CowboyBob,

How'd it go?

wasatchrider
April 18th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Skydiving rigs have been jumped at BD many times. AFAIK a non-ZP 7 cell canopy is generally recommended, but people have used others. The main thing that is enforced is the 9' bridle/42" PC rule.

its actually a 38 pc or bigger