PDA

View Full Version : What 4 objects in the world are the safest?

gantech
February 26th, 2007, 09:38 AM
OK...I know from reading here that the "Black Death" factor can rear up and bite at any time no matter what object you jump from. Just for the hell of it, I'm curious...What 4 objects are the "easiest" for a BASE number. Here's my guess from reading.

Building - KL tower

Antenna - I don't have a clue

Span - The bridge in potato land

Earth - Moab

I'd like to see other's lists. After all, I haven't jumped anything.

Cheers and Beers

Faber
February 26th, 2007, 11:25 AM
peoplwont post that mate,its not to all eyes what we jump,we dont want a kid who just saw a youtube vid to go filk somthing crack his skull open and thereby trash the place ;)

Delta.Elite
June 5th, 2008, 09:30 PM
The 4 safest objects are the ones you choose not to jump off of.

lifewithoutanet
June 5th, 2008, 11:02 PM
OK...I know from reading here that the "Black Death" factor can rear up and bite at any time no matter what object you jump from. Just for the hell of it, I'm curious...What 4 objects are the "easiest" for a BASE number. Here's my guess from reading.

Building - KL tower

Antenna - I don't have a clue

Span - The bridge in potato land

Earth - Moab

I'd like to see other's lists. After all, I haven't jumped anything.

Cheers and Beers

Generally speaking, I would not list "Moab" as one of the safest. The objects and exits vary and thus requires more skill. Personally, I would suggest larger, terminal and OVERHUNG E's as being more safe, but STATISTICALLY speaking, terminal E's are not as safe as we'd all like to think. Therefore, E's are a tough one to call 'Safe'. Otherwise, the safest objects are the ones you've prepared yourself for.

-C.

airdog07
June 16th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Perrine bridge is the safe object use it for FJC, and also kill more people than any object in us. like Delta.Elite say safe object is the one you don't jump

Para_Frog
June 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
The common denominator on the OP's list is that they can all be jumped in daylight.

Daylight is a false security blanket. Just like visibility in scuba diving. If you require it, you are a jamoke waiting for death. It doesn't make objects safe.

Your ability to safely function in its absence makes your jumping safer. The object is still there to snatch the life right out of you. And it will be there after it does...light or no light.

mknutson
July 1st, 2008, 11:50 AM
Generally speaking, I would not list "Moab" as one of the safest. The objects and exits vary and thus requires more skill. Personally, I would suggest larger, terminal and OVERHUNG E's as being more safe, but STATISTICALLY speaking, terminal E's are not as safe as we'd all like to think. Therefore, E's are a tough one to call 'Safe'. Otherwise, the safest objects are the ones you've prepared yourself for.

-C.
No doubt!!!!! Moab is FAR from safe or easy and not a place I would EVER take a beginner.

Go to Norway!!!!

More altitude == a little more safety.

converted:

more usable altitude == more reaction time to utilize.

hookitt
November 7th, 2008, 06:18 PM
" I'm curious...What 4 objects are the "easiest" for a BASE number. Here's my guess from reading."

Building - KL tower <== In my opinion this one is not worthy to use as a qualifier. I hold the same opinion for PCA and static line as a qualifier. Others have their opinions. Another thing, the KL landing area has not proven the best for inexperienced canopy pilots. Missing the tower is usually easy, but does manage to claim a victim or 2 each year. The landing area often gets the people with limited canopy experience/skills in trouble.

Antenna - I don't have a clue <== neither do I. A good tail wind and a huge landing field and there you have it.

Span - The bridge in potato land <== Pretty much agree. The issue that people run into is, they believe it's simple. I can't count the bones I've seen broken plus a high speed water impact. Plus the aftermath of impact I didn't see...

Earth - Moab <=== Disagree. Some are less technical than others. When things go right many objects are straight forward. Have an opening issue, especially one caused by an unstable exit and you'd better have some practical experience under your belt.