PDA

View Full Version : a word from NYC

September 15th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Hey guys,
I have received a large amount of email from all over the world and really have only had limited time to get back to everyone. There is so much work to be done here. This seemed like a way to get word out to a lot of people.
Thanks everybody for your concern. I now have cranes and bulldozers staging on my block, soldiers in front of my building, and I will not be able to live there for two or three more weeks. My immediate family and I are still alive. The press has really dumbed down how bad the situation here is. I don't want to start rambling about what I saw, but I was four blocks away when the second plane hit, just inside the edge of the falling debris. I watched both of the towers fall.
There are people working around the clock here and there are still several sky scrapers that will have to come down. The road to rebuild this area will take at least a decade.
To people both in the US and abroad if there is any way you can contribute your support, I'm sure the firefighters, soldiers, red cross, and even the cops down there would really appreciate it.
Take Care
Joe

crispy
September 16th, 2001, 08:10 AM
"Green Beret"--nothing like a little racist stereotyping and GI Joe whining to start the day.:9

Joe C. my brother--I'm glad to hear you and yours are OK...give me a call when and if you can--let me know what I can do to help.
later bro.

September 17th, 2001, 01:19 PM
nice post, joe. how are things since your first post?